Information about teenager fitness, nutrition and the psychology of it all written by a wacky homeschooled highschool student.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

El Listo

Look at me! Yesterday it had been practically two months since I last wrote. Today it was yesterday.

I am taking a class that my dad is teaching. It's called Entrepreneur 101 and for it we have to come up with a business plan (a real one) that we will work on forever and ever until we start the business, which could be tomorrow, in a couple months, a year, or 5 years like mine. 10 years maximum.

You probably are wondering what my little list thing looks like. So, since I am sick of typing and staring at the computer screen (nah—I don't get tired of that…I'm just lazy), I'm going to post my little list here. Mind you, it's crude, unfinished, uneducated and probably hard to read at some points. So feedback from some really nice smart people would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Here goes:

The Plan
By Jessica Claire Barker



1. Continue with teen fitness blog and get more feedback (hint, hint)
2. Find out about good PT certification programs including where they are and the cost of everything
3. Communicate with other gym owners (both small business and franchise owners)
4. Communicate with managers of gyms (including reading that blog)
5. Search online to compare prices of franchise and independently owned gyms, as well as start-up costs for a gym if I were to start my own
6. Possibly get a job at a gym as a receptionist, child care person or personal trainer assistant or apprentice or something like that
7. Make lots of money to finance my education by working at the gym and/or life guarding
8. Skip ahead a 1 ½ years when I'm 18 and done all possible research
9. Order and receive the PT program learning materials from the program I've chosen (not naming for legal reasons)
10. Complete them and then go to the far away workshop
11. Take the certification test
12. Get certified
13. Perchance continue education by also certifying myself as a group fitness trainer
14. During numbers 6 ½ through 12, maybe take classes at Wake Tech on a variety of things, like French and Journalism, but also Physiology and the like
15. Advertise in the paper to get a couple of in-home clients
16. Apply to start working out of a gym (PS: read up on that more)
17. Do in-home, in-gym and maybe group training
18. Probably get married sometime, which might have to get in the way of some working for a couple of months
19. Either stay with my business as it is, or get into a partnership with someone and start an independent gym where I would move my PT business
20. Write articles or a book or something in my spare time to generate eventual passive income
21. Maybe eventually have kids which would probably temporarily stop me from personal training, but that's where my gym and my writing will help
22. Live happily ever after, eventually getting back into PTing


The End.

Later!
~Jessica

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home