Information about teenager fitness, nutrition and the psychology of it all written by a wacky homeschooled highschool student.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Running & New Shoes

Hello all! That is, all of you. Y'all. All Y'all. You'ins. You guyzes.

ANYHOO, guess what? I actually ran twice in one week! I amaze even myself from time to time. I ran one mile Monday morning and timed myself. It was 10 minutes. Tuesday I didn't run but I went to the store and bought new running shoes, Nike somethings. They had the second highest arch supports in the store (that were reasonably priced) (the first highest was their twins without laces) and I made them even higher by putting in the free supports I found in the box under the inserts. So now they fit perfectly.

If you didn't already notice, I have REALLY high arches, Empire State Building high.

So, Wednesday I had to go somewhere in the morning but Thursday I ran again, this time clocking in at 9 minutes and 24 seconds. Maybe it was my feeling more confident, the air being colder and my wanting to get back inside ASAP, the new shoes, or maybe I am just a talented runner disguised as someone who actually despises running and quits all "programs" she ever started before! Or maybe it's a combination of most of those.

Anyway, since I'm not swimming for a few weeks, I thought I should try to make up with lots of cross-training. For me, that would mean getting in at least three days of cardio and three days of strength training. So, here's what my exercise schedule for this coming week looks like:

MONDAY
Run 1 mile
Various arm exercises with 8, 5 and 3 pound dumbbells
Abdominal exercises

TUESDAY
Jump Rope (more on my "routine" in a later blog)

WEDNESDAY
Yoga (I usually feel like I need to stretch out on Wednesdays)
Abdominal exercises

THURSDAY
Same as Monday

FRIDAY
Various arm exercises with 8, 5 and 3 pound dumbbells
Abdominal exercises
Try to convince mother to take my siblings and me bowling, which believe it or not is good arm exercise

Well, there you have it. I think one advantage to trying to get my mile time down even further is that it takes less time so that I have more time to do other things. Yes, like taking a longer shower afterwards. You people know me too well.

Anyway, talk to ya later!

~Jessica

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home